XC are running courses for skateboarding in the Skatepark. These courses are aimed at juniors who are beginners or those that want to learn new skills and tricks. The key elements of the courses are balance, control and confidence.
Over the course we will cover:
- Stance and positioning - learning what stance to adopt on the board and how to get from once stance to another safely and smoothly.
- How to fall safely and bail out (absorbing the impact of collisions)
- Pushing and stopping
- Incorporating turns into riding (Carving and Kick-turns)
- Learn to manual
- Learn to Ollie
- Explore other freestyle skills, including ‘finger flips’ and other diverse challenges
- Fun skateboarding games and competitions
Courses are 6-8 weeks in length and run half-termly alongside the Hertfordshire school term dates.
Wednesdays 5pm-6pm 8yrs + all abilities welcome.
Members £6.70 per hour non members £8.50 per hour.
XC BMX workshops Sundays 11:00 - 12:30
Member £9.30 Non-member £11.10 pre booking advisable all abilities welcome.
PLEASE VIEW OUR BMX WORKSHOP PDF BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
There is a minimum age of 8 years old applied to all skatepark activities apart from Saturday mornings 9-10am,
For further information on any activities and courses listed please contact reception or call: